I absolutely love fish tacos! You know those people, who wherever they go, whatever great restaurant they try, they order the same thing?! That’s me. And it’s fish tacos! I’d like to consider myself a bit of a connoisseur of the Fish-Taco. 😉 And really, who doesn’t love Taco-Tuesday?!
It’s also been a long winter, more for some than for others. (I realize I’m getting no sympathy from my east coast crew over here in Cali.) But for us in SoCal, we’ve had several days of rain! When’s this winter going to end?! Haha! And so I’ve been dreaming about summer and throwing dinner on the grill… and so some fish during a brief respite from the rain. The result… well, you really have to try these!
- Grill up a few fillets of a white fish, I usually use one per person (although less than one makes one taco), I used Tillapia, and I used cedar planks because I love the taste and it’s honestly easier to handle the fish.
- Wheat or corn tortillas, depending on your preference.
- I made a slaw of some red cabbage, shredded, in simple olive oil and lemon juice
- I made a batch of quinoa, because rather than like rice in a burrito, I like some substance in my taco. And I added one-fourth Chia Seeds while cooking, because I’m a health-nut 😉 (Ex.: 3/4 cup quinoa, 1/4 cup Chia seeds). Don’t forget to rinse the quinoa before cooking.
- Black beans, rinsed and drained.
- The best part: I didn’t have tomatoes, the nice acid for a guacamole or salsa. But I had a few kiwis getting soft on the counter because they were so tart. Tomatoes are acid, kiwis are acid, sweet and tart get mellowed by the avocado… PERFECT! Kiwi-Avocado Salsa! The best thing I’ve ever made!
- And top it off with a Chipotle Dressing
…The most Epic Fish Taco-Tuesday!!